Monday, December 21, 2009

5. Sardis & Thyatira

Message from Jesus Christ
 to Sardis

"I know your deeds, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.  Wake up and strengthen the things that remain, which were about to die; for I have not found your deeds completed in the sight of My God.  Remember therefore what you have received and heard; and keep it, and repent. If therefore you will not wake up. I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come upon you.
(Rev. 3:1-3)

The ruins and remains of Sardis.
In the background appears a large hill.
It was used as a fortress and lookout to protect the city from the enemy.

Fortress around the city.

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
My God my rock in whom I take refuge;
My shield and the horn of my salvation and stronghold."
Psalm 8:2

As we were visiting the site of Sardis we crossed paths with Peter Wagner who was also touring the different church sites. He ministered to us and prayed for us.








What a privilege to personally meet
Peter Wagner, one of God's apostles and mighty men of prayer in this hour.


Peter Wagner

Founder and President of The World Prayer Center
Colorado Springs, CO

The library
Carol and I swallowed up by the mammoth size of the walls and pillars of this library.

This was some ruins of a church in Sardis.
As a team we planted the Word of God in the ground, had communion and prayed over the land.


**********************************



Message from Jesus Christ
 to Thyatira

'I know your deeds, and your love and faith and service and perseverance, and that your deeds of late are greater than at first. But I have this against you, that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, and she teaches and leads My bond-servants astray, so that they commit acts of immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.  And I gave her time to repent; and she does not want to repent of her immorality. Behold I will cast her upon a bed of sickness, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of her deeds. And I will kill her children with pestilence, and all the churches will know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts; and I will give to each one of you according to your deeds.
(Rev. 2:19-23)




These ruins of Thyatira were right in the center of modern town.


Sharry and Cathy walking the ruins of Thyatira









Katherine and Patty
prayer walking
the walls of the ruins.













Lyle and Richard claiming the land


No comments:

Post a Comment